Welcome To Prompted 2 Write

I have always loved writing and taught it in my classes, no matter the grade. After retirement, I published several books and began blogging. I love it, but there are days when I can't think of anything to write. When I taught writing to children, I always gave them a writing prompt, making it easier for them. I hope to post writing prompts for all ages. This site will be helpful to homeschoolers as well a classroom teachers. It is for anyone who loves writing or anyone who is required to write. Please let me see some of your writing.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Flu News--Writing Prompt

View detailsDespite a flu shot, I contracted the flu.  I have been sick for six days.  Since I know I'm not the only one, I decided to use the flu as our writing prompt for this week.

LE:  Mommy, I don't feel well.  My head....
UE:  My head feels like a ________ stepped on it. ...
MS:  I think the reason I feel so bad is that a ________ visited me last night and left me with .....
HS:  I have the flu.  I am very sick.  I know that because I don't even feel like talking on the phone.  My head is spinning and feels like it might...  This should be called .....
A:  The doctor said that since I took a flu shot, I only had a mild case of the flu.  I'd hate to see what a major case felt like.  I have diagnosed it as the Umpajowa. It is different from the flu because it.....

I hope you enjoy this writing prompt.  If we can't avoid the flu or its symptoms, let's at least laugh at it.  Please share your writing with me.  Right now I need to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment