Welcome To Prompted 2 Write

I have always loved writing and taught it in my classes, no matter the grade. After retirement, I published several books and began blogging. I love it, but there are days when I can't think of anything to write. When I taught writing to children, I always gave them a writing prompt, making it easier for them. I hope to post writing prompts for all ages. This site will be helpful to homeschoolers as well a classroom teachers. It is for anyone who loves writing or anyone who is required to write. Please let me see some of your writing.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Flowers and Trees

View detailsWell it is getting close to springtime.  The trees and flowers are beginning to bloom.  (If you are still under snow, don't yell at me.  I live in Texas.  We don't often have snow.)  But we do have early springs with beautiful wildflowers and budding trees.  Today I'd like to give you some prompts about flowers and trees.
 
LE: I think the prettiest flower is...
UE: I would described a tree as....
MS:  My personality is best represented by the _____ tree because...
HS:  (Personification is the act of giving an inanimate object human characteristics.)  Use this definition to describe a flower or tree.  ie. My rose had bright red cheeks and a long slender neck which cascaded down to her lush green leaf colored dress.
A:  If I could be a flower or a tree, I'd be a _________.  We share some of the same charactistics such as.....

1 comment:

  1. If I could be a flower or a tree, I'd be a rose. We share some of the same characteristics such as strength in a storm. We both know when to bend to keep from breaking. We also both look harmless, but have deadly thorns for protection. Be careful when trying to stop our growth. Like a rose, I also thrive on food, water, and love.

    ReplyDelete